The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is offering drivers and cyclists tips to keep the roadways safe this summer. In a recently issued press release, they're encouraging bicyclists and drivers to "think safe, ride safe, be safe!"
Tips for Bicyclists
- Always wear a helmet.
- Ride alert.
- Be visible.
- Check your bicycle for safety issues.
- Observe traffic signs and signals like an automobile driver would.
- Be predictable.
Tips for Drivers
- Signal your intentions, and be predictable.
- Turn off cell phones.
- Obey speed limits, signs and signals.
- Allow plenty of room when passing cyclists.
- Yield to cyclists.
• Stop completely before turning right on red, and always check behind you for approaching cyclists.
If you or a loved one is injured while cycling this summer, contact the experienced team at Davis Law Group, P.A. at 866-397-2897 for a free consultation today.