Last Friday, a car crash in Hendersonville left one person dead and three people in the hospital. The wreck happened at about 6:00 p.m. on Asheville Highway. According to WLOS ABC News Channel 13, a driver, turning out of Bay Breeze Seafood, pulled in front of a beer truck. Apparently, the beer truck struck the car, and pushed it into a third automobile that was travelling in the opposite lane. Cars were crunched together, and one vehicle was on its side.
One Dead and Four Injured
One driver was pronounced dead on the scene. The passenger from the initial car and two other people from the third automobile were swiftly transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries. The driver of the beer truck was also reported to have suffered from minor injuries. There's no word on the condition of the injured victims or the extent of their injuries. Initial witness reports indicate that the beer truck driver may have tried to stop before striking the car. This terrible wreck is still under investigation with authorities.
Motor Vehicle Crash Facts
- Car crashes are one of the leading causes of death in the U.S.
- Over 2.3 million adult drivers and passenger occupants were treated in emergency rooms due to car crashes in 2009.
- In 2012, 33,561 people died in motor vehicle crashes across the country.
- Car crash fatalities rose 3.3 percent from 2011 to 2012.
- In 2012, an estimated 2.36 million people were injured in traffic crashes.
- In 2011, 2.22 million people were injured in crashes.
- In 2012, motorcycle and pedestrian fatalities increased by seven and six percent, respectively.
What to do After a Crash
After any kind of car accident, you need to get your immediate medical needs addressed first. Your next priority should be speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney, especially if your accident was due to somebody else's negligent, reckless or careless behavior behind the wheel. A skilled lawyer can be your advocate and deal with pushy insurance companies. Don't expect to be in "good hands" just because you faithfully pay your monthly premiums. Insurance companies frequently look out for their own bottom lines, at the expense of their policy holders. If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash, contact the experienced team at Davis Law Group, P.A. for a free consultation.