Last week, there was an injury crash on Interstate 26 in Asheville. According to WLOS ABC News Channel 13, the incident happened in the early morning hours in the westbound lanes near the I-40 and I-240 interchange. For currently unknown reasons, a driver lost control of his vehicle and crashed through a guardrail. That driver was transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries including a broken nose and a broken back. Additionally, a second driver was unable to avoid the wreckage and struck some of the debris in the roadway.
Asheville Injury Crash
A portion of the I-26 was blocked for nearly an hour as first responders and crews worked the scene. According to WLOS ABC News Channel 13, the wreck is sill under investigation with local law enforcement authorities. There has been no word on the cause of the crash or on the injured driver's current condition.
2015 U.S. Car Crash Statistics
- There were 2,443,000 people injured in car crashes in 2015.
- In 2015, there were 32,166 fatal crashes that resulted in the deaths of 35,092 people across the nation.
- There were 6,296,000 police-reported crashes in the U.S. in 2015.
- In 2015, 10,265 people were killed in crashes involving alcohol-impaired drivers.
- On average, one alcohol-impaired driving fatality happened every 51 minutes in 2015.
- 30 percent of crash fatalities in North Carolina in 2015 involved drivers with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08+.
Asheville Car Accident Lawyer
After any kind of car accident due to the dangerous, distracted or impaired actions of another driver, it's important to speak with a personal injury lawyer about your case. Even if you think you're fully covered, it's a good idea to talk to a lawyer about your claim. A personal injury lawyer can be your advocated during a difficult time and help to ensure you and your family gets the compensation you deserve to cover medical bills, lost wages and other expenses associated with your injuries.
If you have been injured or if you have lost a loved one in a car accident in or around the Asheville area, contact the skilled and proven team at Davis Law Group, P.A. at 866-397-2897 for a free case consultation.