At least two people were injured in a crash on the Blue Ridge Parkway. According to WLOS ABC News Channel 13, the one-vehicle crash occurred near the Folk Art Center in Buncombe County. For currently unknown reasons, an SUV left the roadway, and went about 25 feet down an embankment. Although this wasn't an area well known for crashes, Thad Lewis, Riceville Fire Department Chief, was quick to point out that drivers need to be cautious, especially with more motorcycle riders taking to the roadways.
Two People Injured in Blue Ridge Parkway Crash
The two injured occupants were transported to a local hospital for treatment of injuries. We don't know their current conditions, but their injuries were initially described as minor. At this time, there hasn't been any word on the cause of the crash, which is likely still under investigation with law enforcement authorities.
U.S. Car Accident Statistics
- In 2012, there were an estimated 5,615,000 police-reported vehicle crashes across the nation.
- 33,561 people were killed in car crashes in 2012.
- An average of 92 people died each day in U.S. traffic crashes.
- On average, that's one death every 16 minutes.
- An estimated 2,362,000 people were injured in motor vehicle wrecks in 2012.
- In 2012, 88 percent of speeding-related fatalities occurred on roads that were not interstate highways.
- 12 percent of all motor vehicle traffic fatalities in 2012 involved large trucks.
Car Accidents in Asheville
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you're likely facing extensive medial bills, lost wages, property damage and other expenses associated with the wreck. Your top priority after a car accident needs to be speaking with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Your attorney can stay on top of investigative developments, deal with your insurance company and be you and your family's advocate as you recovery from your injuries.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in or around Asheville, contact the skilled legal team at Davis Law Group, P.A. at 866-397-2897 for a free case consultation.